Please log onto Edmodo and complete the two CK-12 practice assignments started in class on Wednesday. Also, please complete the five question assessment for today's lab activity "Human Homeostasis". Those who did not finish your lab activity, will need to complete the lab activity sheet as well. These assignments are due tomorrow before your class period. Thanks!
There are two assignments for tonight:
1. Please log onto Quizizz to complete tonight's ten question review for today's lesson. This assignment is due tonight at by 11:45pm. Good Luck!
1. Open http://join.quizizz.com in your browser
2. Enter the 6-digit game code 432660 , and click "Proceed"
3. Now enter your name and click "Join Game!"
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a "Start Game" button. Click it to begin!
2. Complete your reflection activity for today's lesson. Remember to check out the interactive notebook section of my website for ideas. There will be a notebook review on Friday so be ready!
Students in periods two, three, four, and five worked on a scientific method practice problem involving the growth of orchids. Students should complete the analysis questions they received in class this weekend and be prepared to discuss the questions on Monday during class.
A. Why is it important to have a large sample size in any experiment?
B. Why is it important to repeat the experiment many times?
C. What is the importance of the control?
D. How is a theory different than a hypothesis?
E. Why is it so important that a scientist accurately describes the procedure used in the experiment?
F. What is the difference between the independent and the dependent variables in an experiment?
G. In a “controlled experiment”, why must all of the variables, except one, be kept constant throughout the experiment?
Assignments are due on or before the date required by the teacher.